Our Human Resources
- Hiring of a new staff member is an exciting time in our division. Open full-time positions within our division are posted online and a search committee is established to select a candidate through the search process. Part-time, non-student, and student positions are available on an “as-needed” basis.
- Once a new staff member is hired, the onboarding process begins. The Administrative Team collaborates with the director of the unit into which the new staff member has been hired. The onboarding process is tailored to the new staff member’s role and is uniquely designed to successfully train the new staff member in their role, provide an orientation into the CSU community and culture, provide a mentorship with tenure staff members, and enable open conversation with the leadership team. During the onboarding process, new staff members will also receive phone access, RamCard, keys, and their workstation technology.
- Current and new staff members must have a signed Confidentiality statement (PDF) on file.
- Please contact Laura Hamrick for more information.
We encourage our staff to seek and attend training and professional development courses or workshops to expand knowledge and skill sets. There are a variety of resources on campus and some items created by or shared within the Division of External Relations. Please take a moment to view our Professional Development page.
Looking for your paystub, W2, or employee benefits information? All can be accessed with your eID and password through the Employee Self Service Portal on the CSU Human Resource Services website by clicking on “HR System” on the right-hand menu. Please note that this system works best when using Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer and will not function on Google Chrome.
- For first time users logging in to the portal, follow the steps below:
- Using the Firefox or Explorer web browser, go to https://aar.is.colostate.edu/
- Click on “HR System”
- Click on “Login Assistance”
- Enter your eName in the User Name field
- Click on the “Forgot Password” button – you’ll receive an email with a link on how to reset your password
- Click the link in the email
- Enter your eName in the User Name field
- Enter your ePassword
- Enter your ePassword again for verification
- Technical assistance is available as noted below.
- Email – IS DL: Support – HR Upgrade Login Help
- IS Help Line – 491-1375
- Central IT Technical Support Helpdesk – 491-7276
CSU is committed to the highest level of ethical standards in professional and business practices. In order to meet these obligations, it is the responsibility of all administrative professionals and faculty to avoid conflicts of interest with respect to their duties with the institution and, where such conflicts may occur, to put into place a Management Plan that ensures any potential and/or actual conflict of interest is managed in such a way that the employee’s responsibilities to CSU are performed without compromising any aspect of institutional operations or interest. Based on the CSU code of ethics and federal compliance requirements, all administrative professionals and faculty are required to fill out our Conflict of Interest form annually to disclose any real or potential conflicts of interest or conflicts of commitment. All Division of External Relations administrative professionals should complete their Conflict of Interest disclosure forms by February 28.
To complete your annual COI disclosure:
- Go to http://COI.colostate.edu; or login to Campus Administrative Portal
- Create my Annual Disclosure – answer the 6 questions. If you answer yes to one or more, you may be prompted to answer additional questions.
- Certify disclosure by checking the box and then click SUBMIT
- If applicable, declare outside significant financial interests. You will be prompted to do so depending on your answers to the 6 questions.
- Define the relationships between significant financial interests and daily work at CSU & your PHS funded research
- Certify disclosure and SUBMIT (a second time)
- The disclosure is now routed electronically for approval
If you have questions or run into problems, please contact Brad Woods (Brad.Woods@colostate.edu)
Volunteering is a core value to Colorado State University and there are many opportunities throughout the year to participate. Opportunities such as School is Cool, Fall Cleanup, and the Volunteers in Public Schools programs are a few examples of volunteer opportunities in which division staff participate annually. We encourage volunteering individually and as a team. Contact your director or Laura Hamrick for more information.
- The goal of this department policy is to maintain services and to encourage everyone to have and maintain an adequate bank of leave time so they will not have to incur time off or leave without pay except in rare instances.
- All types of leave requests must be approved by your supervisor. The Division of External Relations does not normally grant leave without pay to employees except in unusual circumstances or as required by law, rule, or procedure.
- Approval for annual or administrative leave must be requested and obtained from your supervisor in advance of the use of such leave unless extenuating circumstances prevent you from doing so.
- In cases of sick leave or dependent sick leave, you must contact your supervisor and let him or her know you will be out. This should be done no later than 9:00 each day you will be out.
- If your leave extends more than eight hours, you are responsible for ensuring that an appropriate call forward message is recorded on your voice mail and that your e-mail has an out of office message. If you are unable to access the Internet, let your direct supervisor know so he/she can add the out-of-office reply.
- For all types of leave, it is your responsibility to submit your leave request in TimeClock Plus for your supervisor’s approval. TimeClock Plus may be accessed throught the AAR portal.
- Instructions for submitting leave in TimeClock Plus
Colorado State University will be closed during various holidays. For more information view the HR Holiday Schedule and information page.
University Holiday schedule for 2018-2019 school year:
- Wednesday, July 4, 2018
- Monday, September 3, 2018
- Thursday, November 22, 2018
- Friday, November 23, 2018
- Monday, December 24, 2018
- Tuesday, December 25, 2018
- Wednesday, December 26, 2018
- Tuesday, January 1, 2019
- Monday, January 21, 2019
- Monday, May 27, 2019
University Holiday schedule for 2017-2018 school year:
- Monday, May 29, 2017
- Tuesday, July 4, 2017
- Monday, September 4, 2017
- Thursday, November 23, 2017 & Friday, November 24, 2017
- Monday, December 25 – Wednesday, December 27, 2017
- Monday, January 1, 2018
- Monday, January 15, 2018
- Monday, May 28, 2018
Annual Performance Reviews are required by the university and take place each Spring. In addition, a mid-year check-in on goals and performance is conducted each October. While formal reporting is a requirement in accordance with university practices and policy, we encourage conversation and performance feedback to be a regular practice between supervisor and staff.
DER’s Core Competencies outline measurable standards of behavior and performance and were crafted with the university’s strategic goals and values in mind.
- The Administrative Professional Council’s purpose is to represent and promote the interests of administrative professionals at Colorado State University and to facilitate communication between Administrative Professional (AP) staff, Faculty Council (FC), Classified Personnel Council (CPC), the Administration and other appropriate campus constituencies. Members of the APC are dedicated to researching, discussing, making recommendations to the CSU Administration and assisting in implementation, when warranted, issues regarding employment and benefits that have the potential to affect the welfare of APs.
- The Classified Personnel Council serves to represent State Classified employees at Colorado State University by promoting, improving and protecting their role within the University system. Its elected members form a united voice on issues and decisions that directly affect State Classified employees of the University.
Due to weather or other conditions on campus there may be times in which our University Status/Closure Phone Tree is utilized. This phone tree is used to notify DER staff members if the university is closed by the Public Safety Team. Additionally, the phone tree notes which staff members are to notify additional team members or media channels. The phone tree can be downloaded here.