The Division of External Relations centers themselves around campus engagement and outreach. Our staff works collaboratively to bring the image and brand of Colorado State University to life. Our division consists of over 75 staff members from diverse professional backgrounds, each bringing a different view of creativity to share the story of Colorado State University to our internal and external community.
- Congratulations to Jesse Grace (our grad student video producer) on her 2018 Student Award from the Rocky Mountain Cooperative Ecosystem Study Group award! For more details: //derstaffhub.colostate.edu/award-accolades/
- The cool weather has blown in so its time to warm up with some soup! Join us each Thursday at Admin or Aylesworth from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. for a soup lunch. Want to volunteer to bring a soup (or chili or warm delectable)? Contact Juliana Hissrich.
- WallyPark at Denver International Airport offers a CSU discount that you can use for your business or personal travel. For more information, visit the travel section here on the HUB or view the WallyPark Discount information.
VP for Diversity Updates
The VP for Diversity November Newsletter is available as a PDF here: November 2018 (PDF). For additional updates and resources, visit the VP for Diversity website.
Happening this month
- Nov. 1 – Soulful Soup lunch at Admin & Aylesworth (11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- Nov. 8 – Soulful Soup lunch at Admin & Aylesworth (11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- Nov. 15 – Soulful Soup lunch at Admin & Aylesworth (11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- Nov. 17 – Fjord Collins/Stadium Sessions
- Nov. 22 & 23 – University Holiday
- Nov. 29 – Parade of Lights preview (UCA)
- Nov. 30 – Parade of Lights (Denver)
- Stadium Sessions
- Athletic events
- University Center for the Arts events
- Happy birthday to Troy, Kerry, Laura, Anne, Tony, Colleen, and Darin!
- Monthly Payroll Deadlines
- November 5 – all leave and non-exempt salaried time entries must be requested/entered
- November 9 – all time and leave entries must be approved by a supervisor
- November 9 – all special leave types, overtime/compensatory time changes, and final approvals must be processed by the Department HR role in each department
- Bi-Weekly Payroll Deadlines
- Monday, November 12 – all time must be entered and approved for the October 27 through November 9 pay period
- Tuesday, November 27 – all time must be entered and approved for the November 10 through November 23 pay period
- Tuesday, December 11 – all time and leave must be entered and approved for the November 24 through December 7 pay period
School is Cool
“A huge shoutout and thanks to so many of our DER teammates that took time over the past few days to volunteer at School is Cool. Truly, the time you spent hauling, stuffing, assembling, moving, delivering, breaking down cardboard, and taking photos is all the parts that make the whole. A whole lot of 2529 backpacks that will put smiles on children’s faces across our community next week when school starts. You are appreciated. You are really really COOL.” ~Kathy Phifer
CSU is a pretty busy place and Creative Services is perpetually bouncing from one project to the next. As a result, we don’t take a lot of time to pause for deep breaths and rounds of celebratory high fives. The Loop is our opportunity to share the latest in branding, design, and strategy with the CSU communications community.
We’ll be reaching out every so often with a peek at the latest and greatest, and a little bit of the process behind it. We’ll also include a few thought-starters that might help inspire your communications plan. Every day, we’re asking different kinds of questions that lead to new strategies that move CSU forward. Through this process, we’re constantly learning and evolving. We invite you to join us on that journey. Click here to view The Loop’s latest updates